San JoseCalifornia, United States
Are you passionate about technology? Would you like a chance to apply what you have learned on a critical project? F5 Networks is offering the opportunity to join us on an internship. Interns at F5 work in collaboration with senior engineers who are eager to share knowledge as you contribute to the team.
F5 Networks seeks a passionate, technically forward-thinking SW engineer to join a team that executes the vision for the company’s next generation Firewall products. The successful candidate will play a significant part in a dynamic team that is focused on building best of breed product. This is a crucial leadership role with growth potential.
- Participate in defining functional requirement, and specifying design of assigned features
- Help drive timely execution of implementation, including resolving disagreements and differing schools of thought on design
- Work with managers, architects and other lead engineers to come up with appropriate design, code implementation and automated unit tests
- Help resolve customer issues
- Be easy to work with. Be able to influence senior technical team
- A current student enrolled in a technical discipline, preferably Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- Approaching their Junior year or beyond at the time of the internship (exceptional Sophomore or Freshmen may be considered)
- Available for an immediate internship
- Strong SW engineering and programming skills in C/C++ and exceptional attention to detail
- A record of participating in the development of successful complex products
- Understanding of networking
- Familiarity with Network Firewalls is a plus
- Passion for learning new technologies, and a track record of doing so
- Interpersonal skills that foster collaboration between people.
Internships are an excellent way to get to know F5. Internships at F5 may lead to full-time employment opportunities, so if you are looking to be a member of an amazing, exciting company, you have come to the right place!
- **Please note that we cannot sponsor work Visas for these positions.