Columbus, OH, USA
Company DescriptionAt Abercrombie & Fitch, quality is in our roots and we’re on a mission to honor this rich heritage. With an unwavering focus on our customer, we strive every day to deliver a unique and welcoming experience, whether in our stores or online. Our three global brands, Abercrombie & Fitch, abercrombie kids and Hollister Co., are the embodiment of our passion for the incredible product. At the heart of it all is our amazing 500-acre campus, nestled just outside of Columbus, Ohio. With an open workspace, inspiring views, and even a place to gather as a team around the fire pit, our Home Office fosters a diverse and inclusive culture that consistently seeks the input of our associates and focuses on the future. We are looking for leaders, visionaries, and creatives who are willing to roll up their sleeves and write the next chapter in our brand’s legacy.
Job DescriptionA&F seeks an eager, smart, hardworking second or third-year law student to join its in-house legal department as a legal intern on the commercial transactions team.
What will you be doing?
- Assist in-house counsel in contract review and negotiations with A&F’s vendors, manufacturers, suppliers, and strategic partners
- Review and update A&F Form Contracts
- Assist in the preparation and management of A&F Corporate Policies and Procedures
- Work closely with in-house counsel to conduct legal research on a wide-range of topics
- Assist in responding to internal questions on various matters, including demand letters, lawsuits, and contract disputes
- Assist in preparation of training materials
- Provide litigation support for commercial disputes, such as document collection and review
What will you need to bring?
- 1 to 2 years of law school experience
- Strong research skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to think strategically and provide critical analysis and risk assessment
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to juggle varied and demanding workload and to manage competing priorities and deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Strong word processing and excel skills are a plus