- Job: 20091-VKAT
- Department:Infrastructure and Architecture
Systems Administrator will be part of the Systems Engineering team responsible for the infrastructure of a highly automated facility that supports building, testing, and releasing of all MathWorks products. We design and implement application infrastructure that increases performance and improves fault tolerance for servers and services that support our Development organization.
ResponsibilitiesYou will be the Systems Engineering liaison for product developers at MathWorks Regional Development Centers. You will monitor, maintain, and be responsible for providing Product Development services. The responsibilities involve
- Maintaining and developing monitoring for the existing infrastructure
- Working with the Systems Engineering team to develop plans to further evolve the system
- Working with Development teams in Regional Development Centers to address issues related to Development services
- Forecasting and planning service requirements, maintenance management, and task automation
- Participate in cross-functional teams and help debug system issues
- A bachelor's degree and 3 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree) is required.
- BE / B Tech degree with 3+ years of experience or MS / ME / M Tech degree
- Strong knowledge of setting up and maintaining system hardware in data centers
- Knowledge of multiple operating systems: Solaris, Linux, MacOS, and Windows
- Strong diagnostic and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with multiple storage technologies (NAS, SAN, etc.) and protocols (NFS, CIFS, SMB2)
- Strong Perl, Python, and shell scripting skills
- Experience in working with global teams.
- Strong attention to detail
- Independent learner and self-directed
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and balance priorities with good time management
- Excellent coordination and planning skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Desire and ability to work in a highly collaborative, team-oriented environment
Why MathWorks?It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
Contact us if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.