Graphics & Art Design Operator
Job Family: Internal Services
Job DescriptionDivision: Building Technologies
Business Unit: Region Americas
Requisition Number: 235154
Primary Location: United States-Connecticut-Cromwell
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 5%
Division Description:The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
Job Description:Position Overview:
Network with the community of Area Graphic Designers (AGD) across North America to improve
process & quality of graphics, share & exchange ideas. Work closely with the Engineering
Supervisor, Specialists, Project Managers, Service Account Engineers and Sales to complete all
graphic design projects.
- Complete review and understanding of design support like logging & tracking projects and status.
- Support delivery of graphics to the jobsite when necessary.
- Keep Engineering Supervisor advised of unproductive time.
- Enter timesheets weekly and ensure the proper use of graphic types, quantities, job number and network number when charging job.
- Address any potential problems with PM's/SAE/Specialist early on graphics design.
- Ensure proper communication between project team and customer throughout the project.
- Maintain consistent response time and follow up with each assigned project managers.
- Ensure accurate and timely graphic design deliverables and all timesheets are turned in weekly.
- Ensure that PMP process is followed – targets, development plans, six-month review, and yearly appraisal are completed on time.
- Engage one-on-one with Engineering Supervisor at least once a quarter with open and honest feedback.
- Support project managers, SAE’s & specialists in designing graphics for their projects. Design background and dynamics when requested.
- Support TICR initiatives – Graphics Standard/Centralization.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Associates degree in Graphic Design or related field.
- 1-3 years of direct experience in graphic designing.
- Demonstrates a basic knowledge of the graphic design process.
- This includes the understanding of drawing applications such as the following:
- Facility Prime
- Animation software