Job DescriptionCorteva Agriscience (the Agriculture Division of DowDuPont) is currently recruiting for a Research Associate with the Research Center at Algona, IA. The Research Associate is an integral member of a team committed to developing and testing elite soybean varieties and corn inbred/hybrids for the Southern MN and Northern IA region.
The Research Associate performs duties essential to a comprehensive commercial soybean and corn breeding programs including working with regulated transgenic material. This person manages day-to-day field and seed lab operations including seed and information preparation; planting; sampling; herbicide applications; plot maintenance; pollinating; disease inoculation; harvesting; data collection/interpretation, disease screening, and molecular marker experiments. This individual may organize and supervise work of seasonal employees and occasionally regular employees.
- Bachelor’s degree in Agronomy or related field and minimum of 0 to 2 years of industry related experience, or equivalent amounts of relevant education and experience.
- Competencies: Excellent written/verbal communication and organizational skills are required. Candidates must be competent with computer hardware and software programs including Microsoft Office. Candidates must be able to record field observations with a handheld computer, and manipulate data in computer systems. Candidates should possess a demonstrated ability to work effectively on multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines. The candidate must have the ability to train/supervise temporary employees and have the ability to work as a strong team member as well as work independently when needed. Ability to operate farm equipment is required. This includes, but is not limited to: planting equipment, herbicide applicators, and plot harvest equipment. May be required to obtain Class A CDL license, and commercial pesticide applicators license. Additional certifications may be required in the future. Candidates may be required to work in varying ergonomic environments.
- Some lifting (up to 50 lbs) may be required.
- This positon will require extended hours and overnight trips to off-site locations during peak periods.
- Additional travel may be necessary to assist at off-season nursery locations.
- Continuous training will be required in order to obtain new skills needed for utilization of new technologies and to stay current with changes in the industry.
About DowDuPontDowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP) is a holding company comprised of The Dow Chemical Company and DuPont with the intent to form strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty products sectors that will lead their respective industries through productive, science-based innovation to meet the needs of customers and help solve global challenges. For more information, please visit us at www.dow-dupont.com.
The positions represented by this job posting are aligned to one of the three divisions, Agriculture, Materials Science or Specialty Products, which are expected to separate from DowDuPont into stand-alone public companies. Information on the division alignment will be provided during the recruitment process.