Wayne, New Jersey, United States
Job DescriptionThe Program Planning organization is a trusted business partner delivering information and innovative solutions for decision-making in order to deliver quality products and capabilities to our customers and, ultimately, the warfighter. We are committed to employee growth and development allowing employees to build a long term career at BAE Systems. In addition to challenging day to day assignments, employees are encouraged to pursue special projects, participate in formal and informal mentoring programs and networking events, and rotate into different roles with increasing levels of responsibility. BAE Systems also provides employees with opportunities to engage with and positively impact the internal and external community in which we work.
As a Program Planner you will create and maintain complex detailed project schedules. These schedules guide program execution and serve as the baseline against which performance is measured. Working closely with a Program Manager and his/her Control Account Managers, the Program Planner documents the tasks necessary for successful program execution. In partnership with a Program Finance analyst, the Program Planner communicates to the program team the status, as well as makes predictions about future performance.
- Supports the development of process-compliant program and proposal master, intermediate, and detailed schedules.
- Assists program management in periodic Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) updates and prepares reports for customer and/or business management personnel.
- Supports the team in monitoring program schedule performance and activities. Supports the implementation of work-around or recovery plans.
- Supports the development of critical and driving path analyses in compliance with ES, customer, and industry requirements (DID 81861, IPMR).
- Participates in and contributes to sector and company functional activities including tool evaluation, policy reviews, process management, and continuous improvement initiatives.
Typical Education & ExperienceTypically a Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with diverse work teams
Preferred Skills and Education
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Capability to communicate and present financial data to other functions in an accurate and understandable manner
- Familiarity with Microsoft Project
- General knowledge of industry practices and standards
- Experience with US DoD schedule policies and Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS) requirements.
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment in the performance of duties set forth above. Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Exhibit sound interpersonal skills involving interfacing, coordinating and negotiating with company personnel, customers and suppliers.
- Utilize computer skills to prepare appropriate reports and documents.
- Make decisions using sound judgment while complying with policies and procedures.