Oracle Solaris engineers work all the time with various parts of the Oracle Solaris source code and are responsible for design, implementation, and testing of new features and bug fixes. Many of our staff are highly experienced engineers and are considered experts in their areas of specialization. Our senior engineers are the best mentors any recent graduates or junior engineers can get in the industry.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Experience with Linux/UNIX operating system
- Experience in writing, troubleshooting, and debugging C/C++ code
- Understanding of UNIX fundamentals, scripting and shell programming techniques
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Good English communication skills (oral and written)
- Understanding of Linux/UNIX system programming.
- Hands-on experience with SPARC Solaris Systems and kernel technology (VM and Scheduler).
- Hands-on experience with Zones and Kernel Zones; familiarity with Oracle VM for SPARC.
- Project management, multi-tasking, and organizational skills.
- Experience working with support teams on critical customer issues a plus.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Opportunity to work with some of the most talented and friendly UNIX professionals
- Work with the state of the art technologies and products
- Opportunity to learn new technologies and skills
- Various employment benefits including health care and paid sick leave
- Flexible working hours, work from home program
- Competitive salary and career growth
Detailed Description and Job Requirements Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.