Bucharest - Calea Floreasca
IHS Markit is seeking a highly motivated engineer to join our Totem DevOps team in Bucharest. DevOps is a rapidly growing team at the heart of ensuring the availability and correct operation of our valuations, market and trade data applications.
The team prides itself on its flexibility and technical diversity to maintain service availability and contribute improvements through design and development.
Duties & accountabilities:The role of the DevOps Engineer is primarily focused on building functional systems that improve our customer experience. Responsibilities include:
- Create infrastructure and environments to support our platforms and applications using On-Prem Infrastructure as various AWS Cloud services
- Implement DevOps technologies and processes, e.g: containerisation, CI/CD, infrastructure as code, metrics, monitoring etc
- Automate wherever sensible
- Upgrade and patch our systems whilst maintaining service for end users
- Take on challenges like migrating code repositories from different platforms to Git using Gitlab
- Support, monitor, maintain and improve our infrastructure and the live running of our applications
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration in IaaS / PaaS / SaaS models
- Deployment, maintenance and support of enterprise applications into AWS including (but not limited to) Route53, ELB, VPC, EC2, S3, ECS, SQS
- Good understanding of CloudFormation (or similar ‘Infrastructure as Code’ technologies)
- Solid understanding of cloud security models and best practices
- Good understanding of modern CI/CD methods and approaches
- Strong experience with SQL and NoSQL databases such MySQL, PostgreSQL, DB/2, MongoDB, DynamoDB
- Experience with automation/configuration management using toolsets such as Chef, Puppet or equivalent
- Experience of enterprise systems deployed as micro-services through code pipelines utilizing containerisation (Docker)
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service Experience with systems and IT operations operating within an ISO27001 environment
- Can manage regular system patching, including critical security upgrades and will seek strategies to automate these process
- Can work with and manage key suppliers in the production environments (security suppliers, suppliers providing infrastructure monitoring and others)
- Expertise in system monitoring and alerting strategies and can draw on their experience to drive improvements in system monitoring with automation, third party tools and frameworks and validating external suppliers
Personal competencies:Personal impact
- Confident individual – able to represent the team at various levels
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to prioritise and multi-task balancing technical, business and other drivers
- Highly organized with very good attention to detail
- Methodical, organized problem solving skills – analytical nature
- Takes ownership of issues and drives through the resolution.
- Flexible and willing to adapt to changing situations in a fast moving environment
- Demonstrates a global mindset, respects cultural differences and is open to new ideas and approaches
- Able to build relationships with all teams, identifying and focusing on their needs
- Ability to communicate effectively at business and technical level is essential.
- Experience working in a global-team
- An effective team player and strong collaborator across technology and all relevant areas of the business. Enthusiastic with a drive to succeed.
- Thrives in a pressurized environment with a “can do” attitude
- Must be able to work under own initiative.
- Attractive benefits package (Medical services, Special discounts for gyms, Meal vouchers)
- Ongoing Education (Participation in conferences and training)
- Access to the most interesting information technologies
- Work from home & Flexible Working Hours
- The ability to implement your own ideas and solutions
- Three days for charity/volunteering
- Chillout & fun room (pool tennis, PlayStation)
- Fruit days, Coffee, tea, chocolate
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit is proud to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing. As a federal contractor in the United States, IHS Markit is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding legal rights and protections in the United States, please click on the following links:
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
Current ColleaguesIf you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.