Technology Innovation Consultant
- Country: UK
- Location: Royston, Cambridge
- Job ID: 10305
- Area of Interest: Product Design and Engineering
- Department: Product Design & Eng (UK1)
- Job Type: Full-Time Regular
Job DescriptionTechnology Innovation Consultant
Permanent/Full Time; Royston, Herts, UK
Competitive remuneration package that includes annual bonus scheme, private healthcare, travel allowance and more!
Bringing Ingenuity to Life
We’re an innovation and transformation consultancy that believes in the power of ingenuity to build a positive-human future in a technology-driven world. Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking with breakthrough-technologies to progress further, faster.
With a global network of FTSE 100 and Fortune 500 clients, we’ll offer you unrivalled opportunities for growth and the freedom to excel. Combining strategies, technologies and innovation, we turn complexity to opportunity and deliver enduring results, enabling you to build a lasting career.
Isn’t it time you joined us?
Become part of the Team
Are you a technologist looking for a role beyond the lab/workshop?
Do you enjoy immersing yourself in technology, but want a career that rewards breadth of interest as opposed to depth?
Do you want to work across multiple industry sectors such as human health, transport, communications and FMCG?
The Intellectual Property and Technology Innovation Management team (IPTIM) group focuses on helping clients make the right choices about technology and its implementation by providing in depth analysis and consultation on:
- Technology landscaping
- Intellectual property and regulation
- Commercial and market analysis
- Process development and implementation
- Road mapping the product development process
The IPTIM acts as an innovation broker, helping companies understand emerging technologies and markets, linking them to academic and industry insights, and ultimately bringing them together to form a road map for success. This is truly a varied and broad role, where consultants can work across a wide range of industry sectors and problem spaces.
Job RequirementsWhat we’re looking for
We are looking for innovative and entrepreneurially-spirited technologists, who have backgrounds in subjects such as life sciences, engineering, computer/data science or similar. You should have strong skills in data collation, analysis, reporting and be hungry to use this skill set out of the classical research and laboratory setting. You will have a strong interest in commercialisation of technology and enjoy presenting and sharing your ideas with others. Your qualifications will have given you a deep understanding of a specific technical niche, but your nature is to want to broaden this area of expertise.
You will be used to working to challenging deadlines and be able to manage your time and stakeholder’s expectations; ultimately thriving in a fast-paced environment with plenty of variety.
- BSc/BEng or higher degree (Masters/PhD) in technical subject matter
- Strong analytical, problem solving and report writing capability
- Natural flair for presenting data and communication in general
- Customer focus, with a drive to excel and deliver great results
- Interest and ability to understand complex technologies across a diverse range of sectors
- Experience in inventions and commercialisation/tech transfer
- Experience market research around technology
This role would suit a scientist/engineer/technologist who feels that a career in pure R&D does not play to their strengths; who loves technology and its commercialisation.
About PA Consulting GroupBenefits package at PA:
- Private medical insurance
- Transport allowance
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn, childcare benefits)
- Voluntary benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skillsets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.