Quantico, Virginia, United States
Job DescriptionBAE Systems is offering an exciting opportunity to support an important and dynamic Department of Justice customer as a System Administrator/ IT Generalist within a highly capable network infrastructure team. The IT Generalist will support server operations and maintenance as well as support desktop workstation and peripheral requirements. The IT generalist will have the opportunity to work with exciting cutting edge technology, deployed in standard and unique ways.
Typical Education & ExperienceTypically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and EducationThe successful candidate for the System Administrator/ IT Generalist position will meet the following education and experience requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in either Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Operations Research, Systems Analysis, Information Management, and /or Business Process Management from an accredited college/university with 3 years of relevant experience (or equivalent combination of training and experience).
Preferred Skills and EducationThe desired candidate should have a passion for technology. This individual should be driven to provide innovation while also being able to excel in a team environment. In addition, the following skill and experience are helpful:
- Able to execute instructions from system designs and action plans.
- Understanding of firewalls, routing, and switching.
- Knowledge of various VPN technologies such as Internet Protocol Security (IPSEC), and Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encrypted tunnels.
- Experience with operating VMware and OpenStack environments.
- Experience with cloud provider services such as Virtual Private Servers (VPS), Dynamic DNS, and Web Hosting.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows environment, Linux Deployment, and managing VMware, Active Directory, DNS, Storage Area Networks (SAN), and complex enterprise IT infrastructures.
- Experience patching and maintaining Windows Servers to include Windows Server 2012R2 and newer.
- Experience deploying and maintaining desktops and laptops utilizing the Windows OS as well as supporting peripherals such as printers and scanners.