O2 is the commercial brand of Telefonica UK Limited, a leading digital communications company owned by Telefonica S.A. With over 25 million customers across the UK, O2 is one of the world’s most innovative companies putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
We’re more than just a network. We open up the endless possibilities of technology, connecting our customers to the things that they love and exploring new ways to open up the world for them.
We’re always on the lookout for great talent. Just like our customers, we offer our employees more. A choice of benefits. Great rewards. Lots of training. Ongoing career development. Flexible approaches to work and we endeavour to make every role open to part time working. There are many reasons to join O2.
About the Team:The General Counsel’s Office is the home of many of the company’s professional advisors. We provide specialist services to Telefonica UK and others in the Telefonica Group as required. We have in common a degree of independence, healthy scepticism and expert focus. We aim to provide effective, timely and consistently high quality advice; and to do so efficiently. We are here to identify and manage risk and to assist in the exploitation of commercial opportunities.
- As a Senior Risk Manager within the Telefónica UK Risk Management Team you will work alongside your professional Risk colleagues, supporting the Business to execute effective Risk Management practices across Telefónica UK and its subsidiaries.
- This position is pivotal to enhancing and delivering value-add risk management practices, that align to the Telefonica S.A. Risk Manual and International Standards (ISO31000:2009), whilst importantly meeting the agile and lean needs of the business.
A positive and collaborative approach that appreciates stakeholder’s requirements is fundamental to success.
- Support the Head of Risk Management in delivering a clear and pertinent view of Telefonica UK’s risks to the board, Telefonica Group, and other stakeholders throughout the enterprise.
- Support the Head of Risk Management in leading all aspects of enhancing and maintaining the operation of an effective Risk Management framework, that is lean and sufficiently tailored to business operations yet effective in delivering valuable insight.
- Help design and drive the implementation of the Risk Management strategy.
- Promote a ‘Risk aware’ culture and raise the standards of Risk Management practices, through collaborative working with Risk Management colleagues and stakeholders at all levels across the business. Thus ensuring value-add outputs and business’ adherence to the Corporate Risk Management Policy and Process.
- Deliver Risk reporting and communications to stakeholders up to board level. Including presenting and facilitating at key forums and committees.
- To ensure the Risk Register remains accurate and relevant; help the business to identify, manage and communicate their relevant risks, (including horizon scanning).
- Through the development and delivery of Risk Reporting and Key Risk Indicators; monitor, evaluate and challenge the organisation’s success in managing its risks, plus articulate opportunities.
- Support the timely update of Risk information to the Board and Corporate Risk team, including report production and the updating of risk information in the Telefonica UK and Corporate eRisk tools.
- Exercise collaborative engagement with the Corporate Risk team to; ensure Telefónica UK align to the Group Risk Management requirements, enhance Risk Management standards.
- Develop a robust understanding of all directorates and their operations, in order to effectively support stakeholders in relation to their Risk Management
Skills & experience:
- Professional qualification in Risk Management i.e. International Certificate/Diploma in Enterprise Risk Management from the IRM (or equivalent)
- Experience of working in a Risk Management role
- Experience designing Risk Management policy, framework and processes
- Practical experience implementing a Risk Management framework effectively
- The ability to negotiate, influence and challenge senior stakeholders
- Excellent relationship building skills, building collaborate relationships at all levels
- Able to coach and demonstrate motivational behaviours to elevate team standards
- Qualified to degree level
- Excellent communications and presentation skills, to be able to inform and persuade both orally and in writing
- Demonstrates pride in quality, timeliness and reliability of delivery
- Understanding of pertinent Laws, Regulations and standards i.e. ISO31000, General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), FCA Regulation, Ofcom Regulations, Consumer Rights Act, etc.
The following skills would be of added benefit to the role:
- Project planning and strategy skills
- Experience in a Telco or similar lean fast paced environment
- Audit and/or compliance experience
- Spanish as an additional language
Closing date for applications 12th September
We offer a competitive salary and some great rewards, including bonus, life cover, health care, good holidays and lots of flexible benefits too.
Telefonica’s commitment to flexible working allows us to consider requests for part time and flexible working hours to be options for this role. Like to know more? Feel free to raise it.
Joining Telefonica means opening up a world of freedom, support and possibility. A fascinating world where you’ll be able to think bigger, be bolder and try new things. And where there are endless opportunities to develop your career.
There’s so much to discover. Your career starts here.