Merrimack, New Hampshire, United States
Job DescriptionCome join the BAE Systems, Inc team as “We Protect those that Protect Us.” The Survivability, Targeting and Sensing Solutions (STS) Business Area, based in southern NH, is an industry leader in threat warning and threat countermeasure technology has a need for an Engineering Technician to support our diverse, impressive, and ever growing product portfolio. This is an exciting and busy time for us as we work as One Team to develop and advance our products in support of our customers’ missions. If you are interested in working in a very dynamic and exciting environment with some of the world leaders in this industry, then we are looking for people like you to join our team!
We need your support in a variety of ways. We need help in supporting our lab-testing environment where one works with the engineers, the products, and often our customers following test procedures in support of system integration and verification activities. There will also be opportunities to support our Hardware development teams in the lab environment as we troubleshoot and verify our hardware designs. This can mean anything from cable and circuit card build, test, troubleshoot, de-bug, and repair. It can also include planning tests, writing procedures, and executing our test events as we mature our designs. Additionally we are about to experience a significant demand for executing field tests and there would be exciting opportunities to take our systems to the field and support test activities as we look to validate our system performance. It is preferred that candidates for this job are open to travel, which could be as much as ~ 25%, primarily domestic, for a period of time. This is a great opportunity to have a high impact for the success of our products, while exposing you to a very diverse set of duties.
Here at BAE Systems we work hard in support of our customers, but we also enjoy a high quality and very rewarding professional environment. Our average years of service within the company is ~ 15 years, which is a testament to the exciting work we do as well as the opportunity that exists to support many different products within our diverse businesses. We also have benefits such as flexible work schedules along with the 9/80 workweeks where we have every other Friday off! Come help us achieve our mission to Protect Those that Protect Us!
Required Skills and Education
- Some Formal study in Electronic Engineering Technology and a minimum of (2) years of directly related work experience.
- Experience testing and debugging digital circuit cards, including the ability to troubleshoot circuit boards down to the component level to isolate failures
- Experience using standard lab equipment such as multi-meters, oscilloscopes, signal analyzers, etc.
- Motivated self-starter and collaborative problem solver who enjoys a team environment. Works and communicates effectively with teammates and customers
Preferred Skills and Education
- Comfortable in a lab setting and test environments. Attention to detail in following test procedures.
- Familiarity with both Linux and Windows operating systems
- Open and willing to travel both domestically and internationally
- Associate's Degree in Electronic Engineering Technology
- Experience in mechanical, electronic component, cable repair and troubleshooting
- Solder certification