Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
Job DescriptionBAE Systems Land & Armaments is seeking a Financial Analyst to join the Estimating & Pricing department team in Minneapolis, MN. BAE Systems produces defense articles for the U.S. Navy. The main function of analysts in the Estimating & Pricing department is to produce cost estimates that are used to set the prices for the products and services we sell.
- Collects, summarizes, and analyzes financial/cost data for use in developing cost estimates used to set the proposed prices
- Complies with internal procedures and FAR/DFAR regulations
- Perform analytical studies of past performance to establish estimating factors
- Maintains a safe work environment and ensures compliance with safety objectives and policies
- Maintain regular, predictable attendance
- Abide by all policies and procedures of BAE Systems
Required Skills and Education
- In order to be eligible for this internship, applicants must enrolled at an accredited 4-year university in the Minneapolis Area.
- Enrolled in a Bachelor degree program in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, or Accounting.
- Have a minimum grade point average of 2.5.
- Must be available to work 10-20 hours a week.
- Must be enthusiastic to learn and have a desire to gain professional experience.
- Ability to use computers and software tools to prepare appropriate reports and documents.
- Ability to make decisions using sound judgment while complying with policies, procedures, appropriate principles and applicable state and federal laws and regulations.
- Ability to develop and maintain professional and effective relationships with internal and external customers.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to manage time efficiently (both planning and execution)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, and Powerpoint).
Preferred Skills and Education
- Excellent organizational skills
- Previous experience in an office environment