Anniston, Alabama, United States
Job DescriptionBAE Systems is Hiring a Maintenance Planner Job for Our Forge Facility Located in Anniston, AL. The Maintenance Planner plans, designs and oversees the reconfiguration, maintenance, and alteration of equipment, machinery, buildings, structures, and other facilities.
- This position will work closely with maintenance trades personnel and supervisors.
- Plan work for all scheduled maintenance activities including labor requirements, drawings, bill of materials and tools required to complete the work.
- Produce a full scope work packet after site evaluation, with sufficient planning detail to prevent work errors, including, photos, drawings and material list.
- Identify and secure all parts and special tools required to complete work orders and any special kitting instructions.
- Purchase parts and services required to perform task.
- Initiate and enhance direct lines of communication with engineering, operations and maintenance.
- Continuously improve maintenance planning processes and develop organization to its potential.
- Review all planned work requests for accuracy and clarity of scope and set proper priority.
- Perform routine work site audits.
- Facilitate small group discussions aimed at clarifying customer requirements and realistic expectations.
- Perform root cause analysis on key machine failures along with appropriate personnel.
- Improve uptime on critical equipment.
- Continually enhance maintenance documentation.
- Maintain and improve CMMS, to provide valuable data that continuously improves maintenance operations and performance.
- Responsible for up-keep and accuracy of equipment history database.
- Continually improving planning and scheduling of maintenance resources with goal of maximizing wrench-time.
- Approach all aspects of work with safety as the highest priority.
Typical Education & ExperienceTypically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience OR equivalent combination of education and experience
Required Skills and EducationThe Successful Candidate Ability to:
- Produce a full scope work packet with sufficient planning detail to prevent work errors, including drawings and material list.
- Identify and secure all parts and special tools required to complete work order and any special kitting instructions.
- Plan, schedule and forecast manpower.
- Detail oriented, ability to read schematics and drawings.
- Produce drawings from CAD.
- Produce bill of materials for planned work.
- Experience in skilled trades or manufacturing environment
- Data base or CMMS experience.
- Group facilitator willingness to be hands on and work closely with all maintenance personnel whether on floor, roof, or site grounds.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Associates Degree in Technical or Engineering field is preferred
- Exposure to industrial manufacturing.
- CMMS experience.
About BAE Systems Platforms & ServicesThe Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair…just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
We celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.