Oracle is looking for a dynamic B2B sales hunter to join our growing MySQL sales team! MYSQL is the world’’s most popular open source database, the “M” in LAMP, and is used by the biggest websites and social networks. This is a rare and exciting opportunity to work with Oracle key named accounts in the Bay area and beyond. This territory has tremendous growth opportunity! Plus, this is a remote, work from home, position with travel. If you think you have the talent and the drive to be successful with one of the largest global software companies, this is the career opportunity for you!
- Ability to translate technology use cases into business outcomes.
- Have the credibility and presence to work at high levels in the account.
- Have a consultative approach to develop relationships with integrity and trust.
- Proven track record as a sales hunter, with discipline and skills to find and develop the pipeline.
- Posses the skills confidence to lead the sales process from first call through closure.
- Grow existing business to meet and exceed annual targets.
- Have a business acumen for discussing open source and technology to new prospects and existing customers.
- Sell MySQL commercial products, tools and upgrades to corporate clients with a focus on IT Governance, Corporate IT Strategy / Development and Dev/ Ops groups.
- Work closely with Oracle Key Accounts to compliment Oracle Cloud and go-to-market strategies.
- Work closely with Inside Sales, Business Development, Marketing and Contracts to maximize territory growth and business opportunities.
- Conduct follow up with new sales leads provided from various sources (webinars, white papers, online inquiries, events etc).
- Lead territory business reviews, deal reviews, and team meetings. Provide accurate forecasts and other communication reports as needed..
- 7+ years of sales experience selling technology products
- 5+ Experience selling database or Open Source technology
- Proven ability to sell to various different audiences including technical and non-technical clientele
- Ability to manage the sales cycle implementing sound sales selling methodology
- Experience developing a new business pipeline and initiating marketing campaigns
- An advanced degree is a plus
Detailed Description and Job Requirements Sells a subset of product or services directly or via partners to a large number of named accounts/non-named accounts/geographical territory (mainly Tier 3 accounts).
Primary job duty is to sell technology software products and related services in a defined territory. Identifies, qualifies and closes new opportunities. Manages accounts including the entire sales process from business development prospecting and specifications through contract negotiations, signing, and post-sales support. Leverages the Oracle sales model to maximize revenue growth and increase local market share. Builds and expands business partner revenue and self sufficiency.
Acknowledged authority within the Corporation. Acts as a leader of large-scale company initiatives. Viewed by peers as a leader and top contributor and by line management as a key business partner.12 years applicable experience including 9 years of sales experience. Successful sales track record. Ability to penetrate accounts, meet with stakeholders within accounts. Oracle knowledge and/or knowledge of Oracle*s competitors. Interaction with C level players. Team player with strong interpersonal /communication skills. Excellent communication/negotiating/closing skills with prospects/customers. Travel may be needed. Bachelor degree or equivalent.
Oracle will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.
Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.