Location: Slough or LeedsO2 is the commercial brand of Telefonica UK Limited, a leading digital communications company owned by Telefonica S.A. With over 25 million customer across the UK, O2 is one of the world’s most innovative companies putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
We are more than just a network. We open up the endless possibilities of technology, connecting our customers to the things that they love and exploring new ways to open up the world for them.
We are always on the lookout for great talent. Just like our customers, we offer our employees more. From a choice of benefits, rewards, training and ongoing career development there are many reasons to join O2.
What do the team do?The Telefonica IT Infrastructure environment is a dynamic team environment responsible for the Architecture, Design and Operations (alongside 3rd Party Suppliers) of Telefonica’s high availability, business critical IT Infrastructure. The Infrastructure team:
- Architects, Designs and Builds all IT Infrastructure in line with best practices on all Telefonica’s business critical platforms.
The Telefonica IT Infrastructure Team consists of Service Delivery Managers, Design Managers, Solution Architects, Design Leads, Design Engineers, Engagement Analysts, Service Leads and Cloud Platform Engineers.
How will you fit into this?As an Infrastructure Scripting Engineer, you will:
- Work with business partners to design, develop, configure, and maintain automated operations and processes in relation to the Infrastructure estate.
- Build and Test scripts for IT Infrastructure deployment and operations
- Address a number of key technical decisions:
- Which tools will be used, and for what purposes
- What is the best way to implement the tools?
- Act as a subject matter expert and contribute to automation initiatives which deliver measurable business value.
Some of the more specific responsibilities:
- Provide regular reports on scripting/automation coverage and realised benefits.
- Develop and execute test cases, scripts, plans and procedures (manual and automated).
- Provide scripting support/consultancy to design and delivery teams to ensure IT Infrastructure deployments are rapid and repeatable.
- Manage the delivery of the technical solutions, working to agreed timeframes and raising risks throughout the project as required
- Define, instigate and perform the successful delivery of feasibility studies and assessments along with pilots or enabling projects to develop and prove the automation.
What we need from you:
- Experience in implementing automation across an IT Infrastructure estate. Knowledge of Infrastructure as Code methodologies.
- Technical knowledge of software toolsets used for Infrastructure automation e.g. Ansible, BMC Server Automation and MS SCCM
- Demonstrable knowledge of scripting languages – PowerShell, Python, Shell Scripting
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment & Automation.
- Experience of Hybrid Cloud and virtualisation infrastructure.
- Proven excellent communicator
Grade: PCGUSalary and benefits:
We are looking to pay a competitive salary (depending on experience) for this position, and in addition we have some great benefits such as a bonus, life cover, health care, holiday entitlement and lots of flexible benefits too.
Telefonica’s commitment to a great work-life balance allows us to consider flexible approaches to working. Like to know more? Feel free to raise it.
Joining Telefonica means opening up a world of freedom, support and possibility. A fascinating world where you’ll be able to think bigger, be bolder and try new things. And where there are endless opportunities to develop your career.
There’s so much to discover. Your adventure starts here.