York, Pennsylvania, United States
Aids in the day to day planning and execution of material support requirements to meet all contractual specifications for vehicle production support.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares and issues Request for Quote (RFQ) to incorporate technical, quality, contractual and schedule requirements properly into RFQ under the guidance of a Buyer.
- Complies with internal company and government requirements through documentation per Line of Business (LOB) processes.
- Analyze and assess suppliers to review application of appropriate level of cost/price/technical analysis performed, in accordance with LOB policies and procedures and applicable government regulations.
- Participates on commodity teams to assist with day-to-day tactical execution of tasks.
- Support the prompt closeout of completion orders and contracts.
- Share responsibility for total supplier quality and delivery performance at the best value.
- Maintains a safe work environment and ensures compliance with safety objectives and policies.
- Shares responsibility of self-development with immediate supervisor.
Typical Education & Experience
Currently enrolled in a Bachelor's Degree in program in pursuit of Supply Chain, Business, or other related fields.
Required Skills and Education
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Sound interpersonal skills used when interfacing, coordinating, and negotiating with company personnel, customers, and suppliers.
- Ability to make decisions using sound judgment while complying with policies, procedures, appropriate principles and applicable state and federal laws and regulations.
- Ability to develop/demonstrate research and presentation skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain professional and dependable relationships with internal and external customers.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Ability to use computers to prepare appropriate reports and documents (including all Microsoft Suite Applications).
- Prefer experience with relevant applications in a defense environment
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair…just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
We celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.