Lehi, Utah, United States
BAE Systems in Salt Lake City, UT is seeking summer Interns in various technical fields such as Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, and other science.
Interns will support software development for multiple projects selected to demonstrate technical concepts and explore potential solutions for our customers. They will develop technical skills and expand their industry knowledge across a broad range of projects and tasks. Interns will be organized into work teams and will be active in task planning and execution, staff meetings, customer meetings (as appropriate), and technical discussions.
The Interns will gain experience in one or more of the following areas:
- C++ / Java / PLSQL programming
- Python prototypes
- Designing and building models
- Cyber security engineering
- Automation of cloud services (e.g. Redhat Ansible)
- Preparing software builds and documentation
- Software unit testing
- Systems level testing
- Assisting in meeting software schedules
- Assisting with Configuration Management
- Updating / auditing software & systems administration processes
In addition to on-the-job training, the I&S Internship Program offers:
- Competitive Pay: Earn a competitive hourly wage, working full-time (Monday-Friday, 40 hours/week) through the program (typically mid-May through August).
- Opportunity for Future Employment: Many of our I&S interns return as interns and/or are hired on full-time after completing their degree.
- Challenging & Meaningful Work: Your work will be challenging and impactful with on-the-job training and the opportunity to complete a summer project.
- Networking and Development Opportunities: You will have the opportunity to build long-lasting relationships as you participate in workshops, mentoring programs, presentations with senior leaders, community involvement, tours of our exciting products, and other networking and development events.
Typical Education & Experience
Required Skills and Education
- U.S. Citizenship
- Engineering, science, or math background
- Unix or Linux / Windows experience
- Understanding of the software development process
- Experience with scripting languages (such as Python) and compiled languages (such as Java or C++)
Preferred Skills and Education
- Systems Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Software Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Full stack development
- Python/Java/C++ or other object oriented program design and development
- Database experience with SQL and no-SQL
- Agile software development
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.