Arlington, Virginia, United States
This is a full time internship from the May to August/September time frame. This position will be working in the procurement department for Platforms & Services HQ.
The position will support all aspects of the procurement process including:
- Request for Quote
- Purchase order placement
- Supplier execution and recovery
- Data Analytics and reporting
- In addition, there will be the opportunity to support strategic projects and drive key metrics for the procurement organization.
Typical Education & Experience
Required Skills and Education
- Currently pursuing a 4-year degree (Preferred majors: Supply Chain, Legal, Finance or related field)
- Strong communication skills
- Able to work independently
Preferred Skills and Education
- Preferred GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Must be proficient in MS Excel and Outlook
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair…just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
We celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.