Job Title Global Trade Compliance Intern – Quality and Regulatory
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. You’ll have the opportunity to grow and learn in a culture that empowers your development. We have created an inclusive, global environment that values the power of diverse talent, backgrounds, and experiences to drive speed, productivity, innovation, and growth.
Our internship program will give you a chance to get real world business experience and build your network before graduation. We are seeking an energetic, responsible intern to join our growing organization. In this position, you will be expected to learn the ins-and-outs of our daily routines and procedures. You will focus on learning how our organization runs, and can be expected to gain valuable insight that can further your interest in your chosen career field.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our 70,000 employees the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world. The customers we serve fall within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies. Our products and services help accelerate the pace of scientific discovery, and solve challenges ranging from complex research to routine testing to field applications.
The Global Trade Compliance Internship position provides an opportunity for students who are currently pursuing a business, science or engineering degree to get hands on experience working with trade compliance experts in a fast-paced compliance and quality assurance environment. The GTC intern will contribute to ensuring that our products are compliant with global requirements. The position starts in June, paid working 40 hours per week through December.
- Learn Global Trade Compliance regulations
- Learn product classification requirements
- Participate in process audits
- Accept candid feedand look for areas of improvements
- Specific tasks will be tailored to the intern’s experience level and abilities
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a cross-functional team
- Willingness to learn, be mentored, and improve
- Exceptional customer focus
- Highly familiar with of Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Student currently enrolled in classes leading to a degree in engineering, science or management discipline