Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
We are currently seeking an Electrical Engineer with renewable energy experience. The ideal candidate will be a key member of a consulting team evaluating project needs and providing solutions in support of power generation projects. The primary responsibilities will include developing conceptual and detailed designs for power projects as well as providing technical reviews of major project components and evaluating electrical designs of electrical systems produced by others.
- Develop conceptual and detailed designs for new generating stations (wind, solar, bio fuels, and conventional)
- Review the electrical system design produced by others
- Perform electrical equipment reviews including individual components, control systems, and system architectures
- Perform pre-construction reviews, construction monitoring, and completion reviews from the office and on-site
- Review generating station interconnection to the grid
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering with a focus on power systems
- 5 - 8 years of experience working in electrical design related areas including electrical design of energy projects, and electronic component technology development and analysis
- Demonstrated understanding of current electrical designs including appropriate codes and best practices; grounding methods and construction practices; control systems
- Demonstrated understanding of interconnection agreements
- Professional Engineer’s license or plans to take the exam in the next 6 months
- Experience in energy storage applications
- Experience in renewables (wind, solar, bio)
- Experience with utility scale solar generation modeling, design, construction, operation, and/or development
Compensation:Salary commensurate with experience.
Salary Range: $65,000 - $120,000 a year
About Tetra Tech:Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees— 20,000 associates working together to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in . Explore our open positions at . LinkedIn: @TetraTechCareers Twitter: @TetraTechJobs Facebook: @TetraTechCareers
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting .
is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity and inclusion are among Tetra Tech’s core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, abilities, sexual orientation, and gender identity. We invite resumes from all interested parties. Please visit our website at to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
No calls or agencies
- Organization: 194 CES