Garden Grove, CA, US
GKN Aerospace is the world’s leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier. With 50 manufacturing locations in 15 countries, we serve over 90% of the world’s aircraft and engine manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest passenger planes in the world to business jets and the world’s advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
About the opportunity
GKN Aerospace is a global engineering business. Every time you travel by air almost anywhere in the world, it is likely that GKN is helping you on your way. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for original equipment manufacturers around the world. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to be better in everything we do.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference, talented members with the skills and passions to become the best of the future in what they do
A technician performs and supports engineering testing, verification, and delivery of technical content and solutions within an engineering & technology laboratory, test, or work environment.
- Perform tests, inspections and verifications in line with the requirements of the specific engineering area.
- Build, assemble, prepare test articles, fixtures and jigs as required.
- Support root cause analysis, preventative and corrective action to reduce/eliminate non-conformances.
- Exemplifying a safety-first mind-set and ensuring compliance with the GKN Aerospace Health, Safety and Environmental policies and standards.
- Support the development of technical solutions to problems.
- Provide technical input to Engineering activities.
- Participate in positive, team relationships with internal co-workers.
- Must have a good technical understanding of Engineering & Technology processes and principals.
- Must possess a good level of technical problem solving skills to manage successfully the technical activities on a project.
- Able to follow written test plans to set-up simple mechanical tests or assist an experienced test engineer setting up more complex tests.
- Be able to install, verify and use measuring devices and gauges in laboratory environment.
- Able to build, assemble, prepare test articles, fixtures and jigs as required.
- Able to apply basic knowledge and skills to own work and only limited by experience.
- Identify opportunities to improve performance and reduce waste.
- Understand situations by analysing them logically.
- Develop knowledge in basic theories, practices and procedures in one area of expertise through formal training.
- Understand basic organisational structure and objectives.
- Recognise own job role and their contribution to the work of the organization.
- Understand basic culture and climate of the organisation.
- Develop working relationships through teamwork, influencing and personal drive to succeed.
- Recognise the impact that other people have on the achievement of objectives.
- Define and strive to meet own personal standards of excellence.
- Understand the importance of new and innovative ways of working.
- Have an awareness of quality system models such as ISO9000, AS9100, or D1-9000.
- Possess applicable professional qualifications and/or technical background
- Two years college: science, math, or engineering technology
- Be able to receive and act on instruction, guidance and direction from others.
- Possess good communication skills and understanding of why they are important.
- Be able to perform manual tasks in an engineering laboratory or test facility.
- Experience working with chemicals and engineered materials
- Perform well as member of a team.
- Be fluent in English language, both written and spoken.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Have awareness of Project / Programme Management methods.
- Have awareness of diverse business environments and of diverse functions
- Awareness of budgets.
- Has an understanding of a global technical community and the interface the with broader business functions within GKN.
- Worked in cross-cultural teams.
Diversity Inclusion and Belonging (DIB)
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.