Test Development Engineer (RF Developer)Location: Lewisville, Texas
Are you a highly detailed person who’s not afraid of digging into the data and problem solving? Do you love the border between development and production? Ericsson is this place, and we have an exciting opportunity for you in a fast-paced, highly collaborative technical environment. As part of growing a new manufacturing operation in the United States you will be a part of our state-of-the-art Smart Manufacturing Production site.
As a Test Development Engineer you will be responsible for specification, design, integration, verification and release of production test systems to support new product introduction on time, on quality and on cost.
Our Exciting Opportunity:
- Work in a collaborative, multi-cultural state-of-the-art smart manufacturing facility
- Develop and verify new, cost-effective test methods
- Influence and drive exciting, challenging projects
- Remove barriers and address complex situations with regards to technical challenges in applications development
- Bachelor’s degree or above in Telecommunications, Radio Engineering or equivalent engineering discipline
- Minimum three years experience developing and documenting new test systems or their variants (SW and HW)
- Experience with C family languages (C#, source code version control tools and object oriented paradigm)
- Experience using analog radio frequency instruments to make conducted and radiated measurements (signal analyzers, spectrum analyzers, vector network analyzers, etc.)
- Created design specifications for test and troubleshooting of device under test (analog RF knowledge is required)
- Implemented and verified new test methods (remote and automate control of measurement equipment)
- Ability to support test station setup, troubleshooting, maintenance and calibration
- Supported product designers in prototype debugging and performance evaluation
- Worked on test system performance and stability improvement using statistical data analysis and interpretation techniques (e.g. test time reduction, yield improvement, false failure reduction, etc.)
- Fluent in English, speaking and writing
You might also have:
- Knowledge in analog and digital electronics. Far/near field antenna measurements
- Ability to read and understand electrical schematics and work with PCB layout tools
- Understanding of digital signal processing
- Measurement uncertainty calculation
- Other programming languages (Python, TCL, XML scripting, MatLab, LabView etc.)
- Initially this position requires extensive overseas traveling. A typical training period for this role is between 4 and 6 months in one of Ericsson’s overseas manufacturing locations
- We work in an industry where new opportunities are emerging everyday. And as these new opportunities emerge, we see the potential to make a difference. Our business strategy is our plan, our blueprint and the clear pathway for us to deliver on our mission- to enable the full value of connectivity. We will win by creating technology that is so intuitive, flexible yet robust and reliable that it enables game-changing ideas to be adopted at speed and scale.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: United States (US) || || Lewisville || [[mfield2]]
Req ID: 535897