Selma, AL, US, 36701
Contract Type: Full-Time
Working Hours: 40
Employment Type: Regular
Come join a team that makes a difference here and around the world!
Peerless Pump Company, an Indianapolis based subsidiary of Grundfos, is seeking an experienced CNC Machinist to join its Selma Production Team - home to the famous LaBour-Taber process pump.
This position reports directly to the Production Manager and will skillfully operate a CNC lathe or machining center with capability of operating conventional machines such as a lathe, mill, drill, broach, hone, or grinder to produce a quality finished part.
Relocation for this position cannot be supported and qualified candidates must have authorization to work in the USA without support.
Why Peerless?Peerless: having no equal; matchless, unrivaled. At Peerless, our team of experts come together with a common passion for manufacturing sustainable pumps that provide peace of mind. Our pumps create more reliable food supplies, clean and safe water, and keep life and property safe around the globe. For nearly a century, the Peerless brand has helped keep people safe where they live, work, and play. We are Pioneers. We are united. We are Peerless! Join our united team!
- our team enjoys regular work week,
- an outstanding benefits package with very affordable insurances,
- generous paid time off [4 weeks/year & 56 hours PTO/year],
- an unparalleled holiday and paid shut down program
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Observe all safety, environmental, and health policies.
- Operate one or more of the following machines. CNC lathe, CNC machine center, mill, lathe, hone, broach, drill, or grinder.
- Check shop tickets, drawings, and rough castings to verify that the correct part is being machined and to determine the method of machining the part and the tooling required.
- On conventional machines plan sequence of operations; locate and use proper fixtures and machine attachments; determine method of work holding and clamping required; Determine most efficient speeds, feeds, depths of cuts, and number of cuts; Determine and select tooling, cutters, blades and grinding wheels required
- Load, select, and edit programs if necessary.
- Change and set tooling. Debur parts as necessary.
- Inspect parts as necessary with appropriate precision measuring instruments to maintain proper tolerances and dimensions.
- Adjust machines during operation to achieve correct tolerances and dimensions.
- Notify supervisor of known or suspected problems with machines, tools, drawings, or parts.
- Dress, sharpen, and replace tooling as required.
- Perform standard preventative maintenance on machines.
- Keep machine and work area clean.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities / Physical & Environmental Requirements:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Work with math concepts such as the fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only little standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds, bend, squat, walk, and be on your feet for an entire shift.
- Exposure to dust, noise, shop heat, and exposure to ambient heat in summer, exposure to coolants in machines.
Education and Experience:
- Associates degree or equivalent from 2 year college or technical school; or 2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of both.
Peerless Pump participates in E-verify and is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. All positions subject to post offer drug screening and background checks.
About GrundfosGrundfos is one of the world’s leading water technology companies with more than 19.000 employees in 60+ countries all over the world. Our skills commit us to pioneering solutions to the world’s water and climate challenges and improve the quality of life for people. We dare to do things that others cannot or dare not do, as we believe innovation is not only a business opportunity, but an obligation. And what really matters to us is not short term profit, but the impact we make. By becoming part of our united powerful team, you too can drive this change no matter your role.
An inclusive teamIf you like the look of this job and know you can bring your skills to contribute to our purpose, please apply. We need and welcome professional people from all corners – however you identify and whatever your background is.
Nearest Major Market: Selma