Software Development Engineer
Chennai, IN, 600097
Contract Type: Full-Time
Working Hours: 42
Employment Type: Regular
What do we offer?We are taking platform development and continuous integration to the next level in Grundfos. Want to join us and help build our team, working with the latest technologies in advanced controller products? If you wish to develop your skills, this is your chance to challenge the organization to apply broad subject matter expert knowledge with a high degree of technical/business insight across product/solutions development and digital offerings
We develop and enhance apps and tools in Grundfos to ensure that we continue having the world’ best products by developing software in close collaboration with the other developers using our common software platform. We work in an agile environment where flexibility is a natural thing as well as the ability to plan your own day.
What is the job about?
Your main tasks will be:
- Individual contributor as well a good team player in a multi-culture environment
- Should have work experience in coding and testing object oriented programming work products
- Having good understanding of software failures
- Good understanding of writing clean code
- Excellent knowledge of SOLID principles and basic design patterns
- Experience in Test driven development
- hands on work experience in User level understanding and knowledge
- Any continuous integration tool. Preferably – Jenkins.
- Any version control tool. Preferably – GIT and BitBucket
- Working closely with the cross functional teams Mechanical and Software Teams for Product requirements
- Take ownership of technical deliveries according to system and solutions architecture
- Develop software according to specified software development process (e.g. IT security and testability governance etc.).
What do you need to apply?
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Engineering with minimum 6 years of relevant experience
- Experience in managing defined processes within Software Development.
- Possess industry experience within a business environment; experience working in a large manufacturing environment is strongly preferred.
- Solid knowledge of the plans, processes, and activities within the functional area of Software Development.
- Strong ability to influence others.
- Possess a great understanding of the relevant systems, local laws, and regulations where applicable, for the Software Development area.
Additional informationThis position is based out of Chennai. If this sounds appealing to you, please upload your CV/resume and cover letter today via our Careers portal.
We look forward to hearing from you.
If you want to dig deeper into the Grundfos universe, please visit us on LinkedIn http://linkedin.com/company/grundfos or Youtube http://youtube.com/user/grundfos