Keelvar has an exciting design internship opportunity for undergraduate students in their third year of a four year degree with a background in design and digital to be part of our product design team. We’re looking for someone who is driven, motivated and creative.
We’re working at the forefront of optimization and automation, and this is a great experience for digital UI/UX minded designers to acquire experience working in the procurement industry. This is a unique opportunity to be involved in these next-generation products.
This role will start in 2023 and is for a period of 6 to 9 months.
- Work on projects in a collaborative team environment, following Design Thinking and User-Centered Design principles to create meaningful solutions for our users.
- Deliver on our roadmap by assisting in the designing of new features to our product.
- Be involved in the entire design process, from empathize, define, ideate, prototype to test.
- Working on wireframing and writing specifications for new features.
- Working on Prototype design and design of high-fidelity UI mockups.
- Contribute to UX research and gathering qualitative and quantitative user research.
- Make contributions to our Design system, incl. visual style, UI components, documentation, UX patterns, interaction design and more.
- Assist with QA testing of new features.
- You are in your third year of a four-year undergraduate degree.
- You have knowledge of design tools, e.g., Figma, InDesign, Illustrator, AdobeXD, Photoshop, etc.
- You have a real passion for UI/UX design.
- You want to use UI/UX to make the digital world a better, more intuitive place to be.
- You are self-motivated and driven to achieve; you enjoy setting yourself goals and exceeding them, and you tackle the status quo.
- You have excellent communication skills.
- You are a deep thinker, you like to innovate, you like to solve problems creatively and quickly, and are passionate about technology and people.
- You thrive in an environment of mutual respect, openness and collaboration. You enjoy getting things done at a quick pace.
Here at Keelvar, we are proud to be a remote-first company and we offer a positive work culture.
- Learn from the best. Our team of experts include senior UX and UI designers who will coach you on best practices in UI/UX design.
- Cutting edge tech stack. Keelvar’s products are built using modern technologies such as Python/Django, Postgres and Vue.
- Flexible working hours with a positive approach to work - life balance
- An inclusive, collaborative, innovative culture with a Series B backed, fast growing scale-up.
- Technology that enables you to perform to your best
We are also a diverse group and we intend to continue to attract and retain diverse talent in our organization. We're committed to an inclusive and diverse Keelvar. We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a cutting edge company, disrupting its industry. Currently optimising over $100bn+ in procurement spend for the world's largest companies, Keelvar is more than just a software company. Keelvar is an evolution of how companies work.
Our technology is unparalleled in its space. We are on a fast-paced journey to herald a new era of SaaS 3.0. Using AI, Machine Learning, and Game Theory to build intelligent systems that optimize and automate the procurement sourcing process, we save our customers millions of dollars every year, and help their suppliers find the best customers for them. Many of the world’s top blue chip companies use Keelvar to aid negotiations; they set high standards that we relish achieving because it helps us be the best at what we do.
We believe we can change the world and have fun doing it. We are a hard-working team who love what we do. We believe that a culture of curiosity, experimentation, and risk-taking is the key to finding breakthrough approaches - and we don’t settle for conventional approaches.
We strive for excellence, challenging ourselves and each other, with independent thinking, a lot of focus, and plenty of collaboration. In our eyes, the bigger the challenge, the bigger the reward. We’re not content with just equipping users with good tools; we want to help our customers achieve success and excellence, and sometimes this requires lateral or unconventional thinking. We want you to share your knowledge readily and learn every day. We like to ask questions, and answer questions when we can. We invite you to a workplace that is inclusive and celebrates diversity. We support everyone in being themselves, feeling empowered and inspired to make a difference.
If you are passionate about how technology is changing the world of work and want to work with a great team, this is the role for you.