Loads & Dynamics EngineerApplyCompany The Boeing CompanyJob ID 1800075252Date posted 09/19/2018
Job DescriptionThe Boeing Company is looking for a Loads & Dynamics Engineer to join their team in Mukilteo, WA.
- Loads and Dynamics engineers are responsible for airplane level aeroelastic analyses (External Loads and Flutter) across the entire airplane life cycle (concept and configuration development, design, test, validation, certification, and in-service support).
- Our engineers work closely with other many other technical disciplines and organizations to integrate solutions to complex engineering problems and have both large impact and high visibility.
- The candidate will work in a collaborative environment, performing airplane level loads and flutter analysis and tests, using aeroelastic empirical based or statistical methods to solve static, time history, frequency domain, and random response analysis.
- The candidate may compute distributed aerodynamics and participate in wind tunnel, ground and flight test programs, by supporting the development of test requirements, data analysis and documentation.
- The candidate may compute aeroelastic loads, by developing routine analytical models that incorporate structure, aerodynamics, control systems characteristics and perform routine airplane level design, fatigue and damage tolerance analyses that meet defined requirements, to support airplane level vehicle design.
- The candidate may perform routine aeroelastic stability analysis, by developing analytical models that incorporate structure, aerodynamics, control systems characteristics, to ensure airplane level structural stability margin requirements are met.
- Provides routine engineering analysis and co-ordinates with internal customers, in support of product safety, quality and customer satisfaction.
- The candidate assists in verifying that airplane level vehicle design meets requirements, and documents results in order to substantiate structural integrity and show compliance with customer and regulatory requirements.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation Assistance AvailableYes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
QualificationsThis position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Educational or work background in aerodynamics, aeroelasticity, computational fluid dynamics, maneuver load analysis, structural dynamics, modern control systems and/or finite element methods.
- The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor of Science plus 2 years' experience or Master of Science or higher in Aeronautics/Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering.
- Must be comfortable with collaborating across diverse skills including aerodynamics, mass properties, flight controls, structures, and flight and wind tunnel test.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- 2+ years’ experience desired.
- Experience in computational and finite element methods is desired.