Internship Hybrid PT investigation topology simulation and optimal control
Posted Date 18 hours ago(18/07/2019 15:22)
- Job ID
- Business Area
- Brussel (Zaventem)
Company InformationTOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
For Toyota, Quality is a way of life. Nothing is so good that it cannot be made better, that is why we strive for continuous improvement in everything we do. This basic principle for us is called: “KAIZEN” and is what guides us in our pursuit of best Quality and the delivery of unparalleled customer’s satisfaction.
- Master or PhD student in the field of control
- Keen interest in advanced powertrain technologies and cars in general.
- Good skills of physics, mathematics (engineering calculations, time series data analysis)
- Good notions of programming / simulation
- Computer skills: MS Office, Matlab, Simulink, Ansys Simplorer/AEDT, AMESim
- Must be able to effectively & clearly communicate in English (written & spoken)
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
- wish to develop and are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets
- seek facts before making recommendations or decisions
- have strong planning and organizing skills
- enjoy working in a team, respecting others
- have excellent communication skills
- customer mindset
Your team and your responsibilities
Our Team:Research and Development (R&D) in Toyota Motor Europe is responsible for development of attractive, competitive, superior quality cars matching European market requirements.
Our target is to develop solutions that can be implemented in the powertrain system to reduce fuel consumption, cost, weight of Toyota’s vehicles as well as improve their drivability supporting Toyota mission of ‘ALWAYS MAKING BETTER CARS’.
Internship details:You will be working within our Advanced Powertrain department and your tasks will include:
1. Investigation of powertrain technologies (engine technologies, hybrid system layout, performances such as energy efficiency, acceleration performance etc)
2. Investigation of powertrain technology trend and strategy in Europe (news, conferences, motorshows, benchmark, market reports, etc.)
3. Powertrain topology modelling (Simulink, Amesim) and estimation of performance (energy efficiency, acceleration performance)
4. Investigation and implementation of advanced optimal control (discrete programming, model predictive control, etc)
The internship can be part of a master thesis.
Place of Internship: Toyota Motor Europe R&D Center, Zaventem, Belgium
Starting date: Sep 1, 2019
Duration: Max. 6 months
Confidentiality: Due to business requirement, not all performed projects can be reflected in the internship report. This needs to be discussed with candidate/school in advance.
It is mandatory that applicants are students for the entire period of the internship. We can only accept students with an EEA or Swiss citizenship (not requiring a work permit or visa to be eligible to perform an internship in Belgium).
Interested in this internship, please apply online via www.toyotajobs.com.
OptionsApply for this job onlineApply
Email this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Connect With Us!Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.