Nashua, New Hampshire, United States
Job DescriptionBAE Systems is looking for a talented Field Engineer that values and fosters a work environment in which technical excellence is highly regarded. You will be an integrated team member collaborating with program engineers and at the customer requirements at field locations. You will apply your skills to enhance and support new or fielded electronics RFEW capabilities. You will be exposed to the full life-cycle through integration and testing and support.
Provide comprehensive RF Electronic Warfare (EW) Field and Systems Engineering Sustainment at multiple locations. The candidate will receive 6-12 months of Initial RFEW Systems, Lab Training and program required clearance requirements at the BAE Systems Facility in Nashua, New Hampshire prior to commencing CONUS field activities as directed. RFEW field/systems engineer must possess comprehensive RFEW Integration Lab electrical troubleshooting, maintenance and fault isolation abilities and skills. Analyze software, hardware, and system problems and provide problem resolution to include testing, and analyzing. Provide onsite technical services for the maintenance and test of software and associated hardware for all Program EW systems; perform engineering tasks associated with EW mission support requirements, functional analysis of EW system interface. Successful candidate must be proficient using electronics laboratory Test Equipment (O'Scope, Analyzer, etc) associated with EW fault diagnostics, troubleshooting and repair. Must be able to read/understand wiring diagrams and schematics and have a strong administrative background.
Travel Percentage: 75%+ - ability to maintain US passport and CRC (civilian readiness check)
Required Security Clearance: Secret
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status
Typical Education & ExperienceTypically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Associate degree or US military training/experience and four years of relevant work experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of EW Systems
- Demonstrated ability to independently provide technical assistance on classified platforms with limited to no supervision
- Highly attentive to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (with internal and customer/end user)
- Active Secret security clearance and ability to maintain
- Experience with common test equipment
- Ability to lift at least 30 pounds and work on ladders
- Ability/willingness to travel to various CONUS & OCONUS locations as required and Meet CRC Qualifications to Deploy
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel).
Preferred Skills and Education
- Active Top Secret security clearance and ability to maintain
- RF EW system operation and integration
- F-15 Avionics/EW background and experience
- Ability to debug/isolate/understand hardware issues
- Ability to debug/isolate/understand Operational Flight Program (SW) issues
- Knowledge of RF receivers and transmitters, countermeasures & platform integration
- Current/previous SAP access and clearance or clean background to obtain.
About BAE Systems Electronic SystemsBAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression