Lebanon, United States of America
Software Development Student InternshipLocation: Lebanon, NH
Start Date: May 2020
Discover your career with us at Siemens Digital Industries Software!
We are a leading global software company dedicated to the world of computer aided design, 3D modeling and simulation— helping innovative global manufacturers design better products, faster!With the resources of a large company, and the energy of a software start-up, we have fun together while creating a world class software portfolio. Our culture encourages creativity, welcomes fresh thinking and focuses on growth, so our people, our business, and our customers can achieve their full potential.
We are seeking a motivated student who has a strong interest in software development. As an intern you will be exposed to our industry-leading Simcenter STAR-CCM+ application, and how it is deployed to a range of High-Performance Computing environments. You will become familiar with the Software Development Cycle and the tools used in a professional environment. You will be required to make contributions to projects with the aim to produce releasable enhancements. During your internship you will be assigned a mentor who can provide close guidance, but you
will also be given the opportunity to learn about the wider development organization. You will get the opportunity to:
- Enhance our best-in-class simulation application Simcenter STAR-CCM+ on a range of HPC systems running Windows and Linux
- Support deployment of our applications to the cloud
- Create and document high-quality software within a continuous-testing environment in a timely manner.
- Collaborate as part of a large, distributed group of developers.
- Participate in design and code reviews.
- Communicate project status during regular meetings.
- Use systems for managing development including Jira, Confluence, Git, and Stash.
- Currently enrolled in a university pursuing an undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or Information Systems
- Graduating in 2021 or later
- Experience in software development
- Experience using C++, Java, and Python
- Knowledgeable about shell-scripting
- Experience navigating code bases
- xperience editing software using VS code
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Product Lifecycle Management Software Inc.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Full-Time temporary
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, .
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click .