Atkins is a world-leading design, engineering and project-management consultancy and member of the SNC-Lavalin Group. Atkins Ireland offer a limited number of internships to students each year. We provide excellent training and mentoring in a friendly and supportive environment.
Interns will have the opportunity to build industry knowledge and develop skills assisting specialist aviation, rail, road, bridges, energy, ports, buildings, housing, water, environmental, fire safety, and mechanical and electrical teams in the delivery of key projects.
Successful internship candidates will join a dynamic and ambitious company that also offers excellent graduate, development, and international opportunities.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assistance with the design and delivery of various projects for both public and private clients
- Assistance with the preparation of design packages using modelling software
- Assistance with the preparation of drawings
- Assistance with report writing
Key Experience & Skills
- Ability to work within a team environment to help achieve project goals
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English
- Computer literate with the ability to work effectively with the Microsoft suite of programmes
- Knowledge of design programmes used by the engineering profession
- Attention to detail and the ability to comply with Quality Assurance Management Systems
- Enthusiasm, tenacity and flexibility
Title: Training & Development
Our Graduate Programme is designed to help you develop the skills and knowledge you need to develop your career and work towards a professional qualification. The programme features a series of training events and modules, professional development, mentoring and on-the-job experience.
A supportive environment
Our Graduate Programme will help you build industry knowledge and develop skills in a friendly and supportive environment. You’ll receive excellent training, development, mentorship, and hands-on experience to progress towards Chartership
We’re proud to be an Engineers Ireland CPD Accredited employer and to have been awarded Engineers Ireland CPD Employer of the Year 2021 – which recognises our formal commitment to being a true Learning and Development organisation.
What’s included in our programme?
- A comprehensive induction and buddy system to help you prepare for your career with Atkins
- Graduate workshops and training to help you develop the skills to progress
- Ongoing encouragement and development through internal placements
- Hands-on experience working on a range of client projects
- Profession-specific support to help you gain Chartership status, for example as an engineer, scientist, environmentalist or surveyor, or equivalent professional accreditation.
- Mentoring programme to help you identify and reach your goals.
REWARDS & BENEFITS
Recognising your achievements
Our graduate programme is designed to support your transition into the world of work. We offer a range ‘holistic’ benefits to attract and retain our people.
Tailor your benefits package to suit your personal circumstances. Options include pension, the cycle to work scheme, and the ability to buy up to 15 days of extra holiday.
A culture of possibilities
We want to help you get the most you can out of working at Atkins. Support to help you gain Chartership status, ongoing training, flexible working and career opportunities are key benefits of being one of our employees.
- Flexible holiday scheme - Buy up to an additional 15 days or sell up to five days each year
- Hybrid working
- Flexible hours
- International remote working
- Paid volunteer days
- Social Club
- Mental Health & Wellbeing Programme
- ED&I Programme
- ESG / Sustainability Focus
- Employee Learning & Development Committee
- Graduate Programme
- Graduate buddy on joining
- Strong graduate network across all locations
- Mentorship Programme
- Support to gain Chartership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pension plan
Atkins Ireland is an Engineers Ireland CPD Accredited employer and was awarded Engineers Ireland CPD Employer of the Year 2021 – the distinguished mark of a true Learning and Development organisation.